The Ministry of Culture and Youth launched the 2021 campaign of the ‘Reading Month’ with ‘My Family Reads’ as theme.
Every year March is observed as the month of Reading in the UAE; it is marked by a rich and diverse calendar of engaging activities and sustainable initiatives that motivate the community to read with the aim of transforming reading into a daily habit for everyone and equip, with knowledge, a future generation capable of driving the perpetual growth journey of the UAE.
- Preserve the cultural, intellectual and knowledge-based achievements of the UAE and build an exemplary model for others to follow
- Encourage entities to initiate sustainable efforts that promote the culture of reading and ensure that the development of knowledge and culture is a priority on the annual agenda of both the public and private sectors.
- Enrich and support the knowledge and cultural infrastructure in UAE and build a future generation of leaders equipped with culture and knowledge.
- Encourage the community in UAE to read daily and advocate the culture of reading as part of the individual’s daily routine.
- Introduce creative and innovative initiatives to increase interest in reading, raise awareness and showcase its importance and value to the community in UAE.
For more information, visit the website of the Ministry of Culture & Youth.